IEP goals relating to fine motor development:
***newly added items starting with #12***
1. complete two-handed activities such as stringing beads, stabilizing work, unscrewing or screwing lid.
2. imitate simple lines and shapes with a variety of mediums.
3. cut paper in half with scissors.
4. use a tripod grasp independently when writing.
5. write the letters of his name, using age appropriate size and formation.
6. write own first and last names with initial capital letters, self-selected words and letters of the alphabet.
7. copy simple shapes, designs, numerals and letters.
8. draw representational pictures (person, house, tree, etc.)
9. copy lines, shapes (circle, triangle, cross, square) and letters of his name in a variety of mediums.
10. draw a person having 6-7 recognizable parts.
11. cut across a piece of paper on a line within 1/4 inch of line.
12. when given paper and a writing utensil, will make a minimum of 3 purposeful marks on the paper.
13. when given a visual model, physical and verbal prompts, imitate vertical and horizontal strokes.
14. hold writing instrument with fingers in tripod position.
15. copy lines, shapes (circle, triangle, cross, square) and letters of his name in a variety of mediums.
16. draw a person having 6-7 recognizable parts.
17. cut across a piece of paper on a line.